These are definitions for egalitarian which I have found on the web and elsewhere, which represent what I believe it means to be egalitarian.
- a society without formalized differences in the access to power, influence, and wealth
- relating to the principle of equal rights and opportunities for all
- a person who believes in the equality of all people
- classless: favoring social equality; "a classless society"
- Egalitarianism (derived from the French word égal, meaning equal or level) is the moral doctrine that people should be treated as equals, in some respect. Generally it applies to being held equal under the law, the church, and society at large.
- A term referring to societies that do not have a graded order of inequality in ranks, statuses, or decision makers
I would be interested in hearing what it is exactly in egalitarianism that some might disagree with, and then I would be happy if someone would present a definition and examples for complementarianism. Thanks.