****THE COMPLEGALITARIAN BLOG HAS REOPENED FOR BUSINESS
AT A NEW LOCATION WITH SOME NEW RULES.****

Adj. Pertaining to complementarianism and egalitarianism.

***Working to be a safe place for all sides to share.***


___________________________________________________

Friday, October 5, 2007

What do we agree on?

My church background is largely one of focusing on where "we" disagree with others, especially other Christians. We prided ourselves on having the "right" doctrine. I hope that it is a matter of maturity rather than compromise--I believe that it is--but I now prefer to at least start by focusing on what "we" agree on.

The complegalitarian debate is highly divisive in some churches. In other circles there is freedom to disagree on some aspects of the debate, while highlighting the large amount that we already agree upon.

I don't know how many readers this new blog has yet, but rather than me suggesting topics on which we agree, I'd rather just open up the floor (or at least the Comments link!) to anyone who wants to mention points in the complegalitarian debates on which "we" mostly agree.

Feel free to start by trying to define who "we" are, a subject on which we probably don't all agree, but which it would still be good to explore.

(Sure, we can have plenty of posts in the future about where we disagree, but I just thought it would be helpful to start with where we agree. It helps set things in perspective.)