****THE COMPLEGALITARIAN BLOG HAS REOPENED FOR BUSINESS
AT A NEW LOCATION WITH SOME NEW RULES.****

Adj. Pertaining to complementarianism and egalitarianism.

***Working to be a safe place for all sides to share.***


___________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Little Levity

In the interests of lightening things up a bit and hopefully giving every one here a good laugh, I hereby submit the following anecdote.

Today I was at a book display and I picked up When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy by John Piper. While I was reading the blurb on the back cover a salesman told me how much the book had meant to him personally. He also told me that he is the worship leader at his church, and as such he felt uneasy about carrying that book around. After all, some people might wonder why their worship leader would not "desire God" and be full of joy.

I then told him about a similar experience of not wanting people to see a book I was reading.

When I was in college, I was trying hard to understand these often inscrutable creatures known as women. I had read a good book by Elisabeth Elliott called The Mark of a Man, and decided to see if she had written anything else on the subject of men and women. The book I found was entitled Let Me Be A Woman, and it was basically a series of letters to her engaged daughter.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book, and felt it was even better than the book she had written for men. However, carrying the book around was indeed problematic. After all, what are people supposed to think when they see a young man walking around with a book entitled Let Me Be A Woman?!